Transitional Housing Program
The New Paradigm Foundation has been blessed with 9 properties (14 units) - all located in Charlotte County - for our Transitional Housing Program, which is designed to help families move from crisis to stability to self-sufficiency. The NPF has pioneered an innovative program to address the growing problem of homelessness among young families in that it combines intervention with prevention.
During this time, families will learn to improve money management skills, improve job retention, improve credit scores, choose healthier living and relationship habits and set their own achievable goals to live independently without further public assistance, thereby helping to earn back their self worth they thought was lost to them: they can once again be a responsible parent/spouse, providing for their family, contributing to the community.
· All applicants must have a secure income.
· Household income must be less than 50% of the Area Median Income.
· Must be families with at least one parent and at least one child under the age of 17 years.
· All families will have a professional Case Manager as well as an assigned Mentor.
· Be willing to listen and comply with suggestions, guidance and conditions of our Board of Directors, if applicable.
· Be willing to develop skills needed to live independently without assistance from any program.